The Team here are 3D HD Gear Loves the Tripp Lite's TLP76MSG as it offers reliable, GREEN surge technology that protects your computer and peripherals as well as the environment and your wallet. Energy-saving outlet configuration reduces energy waste (phantom loads) by cutting AC power to unused peripherals. The TLP76MSG has one always on outlet for those peripherals that need constant power like a fax machine, DVR or router. It also offer convenient, individual outlet switches that allow users to select which device is turned on and off. The TLP76MSG has 7 total outlets, 6 foot cord and diagnostic LEDs to warn of wiring problems and suppressor damage. Network-grade AC suppression rated at 1080 joules shields equipment from surges and line noise. Designed with an attractive cool gray suppressor housing, the TLP76MSG can accommodate up to 4 transformer plug outlets offering convenient protection of desktop computer equipment and accessories. $25,000 connected equipment insurance (USA and Canada Only).
What is the main culprit of electrical surges?
Electrical devices that require lots of power to operate. Depending on the wiring of your Studio or Production suite, you may notice at times that your lights flicker when powerful devices turn on and off, e.g. your air conditioner. When these devices are switched on, they demand a lot of electricity, which puts a lot of strain on the grid and can cause surges.
When should you use a surge protector?
All the time. The real question is really which devices you should connect to a surge protector. You don’t need a surge protector for your desk lamp or your standing fan, but you do want a surge protector for expensive devices that have intricate microprocessors, like computers, DVR's, LED/LCD monitors, power amps, Studio Lighting, Powered Nearfield Speaker monitors, etc. Think of it this way: if there was an electrical surge that destroyed all of the devices connected to your outlets, which lost devices would pain you the most? Plug those into a surge protector. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Energy-saving green outlets allow individual outlet control using illuminated power switches for cutting power to peripherals not in use.
- Six green outlets have their own illuminated ON/OFF switch for cutting power to peripherals when they are not in use. One "Always On" outlet provides continuous power for devices such as DVRs (TiVo), cable and satellite boxes, modems, routers and fax machines.
- In addition to the individual illuminated outlet switches, an illuminated Master Switch controls power to all outlets (except the Always On outlet) at once. It can override other "ON" settings to cut power to all switched outlets at once.
- Protected (Green) LED assures protection is present & Always On (Red) LED indicates that the Always On outlet is receiving power.
- 1080 joules surge suppression rating with EMI/RFI line noise filtering help components perform at their peak (sharper, crisper video; deeper, fuller audio and longer component life spans).
- Product Group: SURGE PROTECTORS
- TAA Compliant: No
- Intended Application: Green (Energy-Saving)
- Style: Strip
- Surge Style: STRIP
- Surge Type: Energy-Saving
- Output Volt Amp Capacity (VA): 120
- Output Watt Capacity (Watts): 1800
- Frequency Compatibility: 60 Hz
- Outlet Quantity / Type: 7 NEMA 5-15R
- Number of Outlets: 7
- Outlet Type: NEMA 5-15R
- Transformer Accommodation: Supports 1 large transformer without covering remaining outlets, accepts up to 4 transformers total
- Nominal Input Voltage(s) Supported: 120V AC
- Recommended Electrical Service: 120V (110-125V)
- Input Connection Type: NEMAP - NEMA5-15P
- Input Cord Length (ft.): 6
- Input Cord Length (m): 1.83
- Input Cord Gauge Type: 14 AWG, 3 COND, SJT
- Voltage Compatibility (VAC): 120
- Maximum Surge Amps: 72000
- LED Indicators: Protected (Green)" & Always On Receptacle (Red)
- Switches: 1 x Lighted Master Switch & 6 x Lighted Receptacle Switches
- AC Suppression Joule Rating: 1080
- AC Suppression Response Time: < 1 ns
- Protection Modes: Includes full normal mode (H-N) and common mode (N-G / H-G) line surge suppression.
- Clamping Voltage (RMS): 150
- UL1449 Let Through Rating: 400v
- EMI / RFI Filtering: Up to 40dB
- Telephone/DSL Protection: No
- Cable (Coax) Protection: No
- Network (Ethernet) Protection: No
- Shipping Dimensions (hwd / in.): 17.2 x 4.24 x 2
- Shipping Dimensions (hwd / cm): 43.69 x 10.77 x 5.08
- Shipping Weight (lbs.): 1.76
- Shipping Weight (kg): 0.8
- Unit Dimensions (hwd / in.): 1.40 x 3.40 x 15
- Unit Dimensions (hwd / cm): 3.56 x 8.64 x 38.1
- Unit Weight (lbs.): 1.54
- Unit Weight (kg): 0.7
- Material of Construction: Plastic
- Integrated Keyhole Mounting Tabs: Keyhole mounting slots enable wall mounting
- Color (AC Line Cord): Cool Gray
- Green Energy-Saving Features: Individually controllable outlets
- UL1449 3rd Edition (AC Suppression): UL1449 3rd Edition
- UL1363 (Power Tap): UL1363
- cUL / CSA (Canada): cUL
- Approvals: Exceeds IEEE 587 category A&B specifications
- Product Warranty Period (Worldwide): Lifetime limited warranty
- Connected Equipment Insurance (U.S., Canada & Puerto Rico): $25,000 Ultimate Lifetime Insurance
- Selector Type: SURGE SUPPRESSORS