Sony ECM-673 Supercardioid Short Shotgun Microphone
The Sony ECM-673 is a short shotgun, electret condenser-type microphone, which delivers excellent sound performance in field and studio production applications at an affordable price. This mic features a 40 Hz to 20 kHz frequency response versus the 60 Hz to 18 kHz response of the Sony ECM-674. Also, the ECM-673 is 7.875" Long versus 10.625" Long for the Sony ECM-674.
- Superb sound quality
- Low inherent-noise level of less than 17 dB SPL
- Flat-and-wide frequency response (40 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Compact and lightweight design: 7 7/8 inches in length and 4.76 oz weight
- High durability and reliability
- Built-in low-cut filter switch (M, V) for reducing of undesired ambient nose
Superb Sound Quality
- The ECM-673 offers an excellent sensitivity of -36 dB (0 dB=1 V/Pa) and a low inherent-noise level of less than 17 dB SPL. This allows the microphone to be used for clear voice pickup, even in noisy environments.
Flat-and-wide Frequency Response
- The ECM-673 microphone has a flat-and-wide frequency response (40 Hz to 20 kHz) and delivers extremely smooth and natural sound reproduction.
Compact and Lightweight Design
- The ECM-673 has been designed as a highly directional, compact, and lightweight short shotgun microphone. It measures only 7 7/8 inches in length, and weighs just 4.76 oz, maintaining good balance even when mounted on compact camcorders.
High Durability and Reliability
- The vibration-resistant mechanism of the ECM-673 offers high durability and reliability, making it suitable for the harsh environments that can be encountered in field sound-acquisition.
Built-in Low-cut Filter
- The built-in two-position (M, V) low-cut switch on the ECM-673 provides a simple method of reducing the effects of unwanted ambient noise.
Directivity: Uni-directional (super-cardioid)Frequency response: 40 Hz to 20 kHz
- Sensitivity (at 1 kHz): -36 dB (0 dB=1 V/Pa, at 1 kHz) +/-3 dB
- Output impedance (at 1 kHz): 220 Ohms +/-20%
- Dynamic range: 107 dB or more
- Maximum SPL Input: 124 dB SPL
- Power requirements: DC 40 to 52 V
- 13/16 dia. x 7 7/8 inches
- Approx 4.76 oz
- Microphone holder
- Microphone spacer
- Microphone cable
- Operating instructions