M-Audio BX8A Deluxe D2 Active Studio Monitors (PAIR)
M-Audio BX8A Deluxe D2 Active Studio Monitors (Pair)
The M-Audio® BX studio monitor series is trusted by more musicians and recording professionals than any other.Now, the BX8 D2 monitors extend the bestsellers' legacy* with an elegant new design inside and out. We leveragedtechnology from our high-end monitors to extend the frequency response and provide an even more natural listeningexperience. Custom Class A/B analog amplifiers deliver superior dynamics and tonal accuracy across the frequencyspectrum-while the latest-generation woven Kevlar low-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweetersprovide rich, defined sound. With the BX8 D2, you'll enjoy the utmost accuracy in an engaging listening experience.
* The M-Audio BX5a Deluxe monitors are the best-selling monitors in the United States (Source: MI SalesTrak® reports January 2009 - December 2010).
Accurate and Enjoyable
Whether you're recording, mixing, or mastering, your monitorsare your primary source of reference. Accurate monitors let youhear exactly what's happening in your mixes.and give you theassurance that your music will translate well to other speakers.The M-Audio BX8 D2 monitors leverage a decade of monitorengineering expertise to deliver exceptional transparency andsonic definition.allowing you to enjoy marathon mixing sessionswith minimal listening fatigue.
Advanced Driver Technology
The BX8 D2 monitors feature latest-generation woven Kevlarlow-frequency drivers and waveguide-loaded silk dometweeters. The high-frequency driver is fully isolated from therest of the enclosure to ensure minimum distortion, providingultra.smooth frequency response up to 22 kHz. It also featuresa built-in waveguide, which offers an expansive sound stageand exceptional imaging. Paired with an optimized rear portleveraged from our high-end monitors, the Kevlar low-frequencydriver delivers extended, articulate bass response.in a compactfootprint.
The Class A/B bi-amplified design dedicates separate poweramps to the high and low frequencies.providing ampleheadroom for even the loudest of mixes. Combined with afinely tuned crossover, the design ensures that each driver onlydelivers the frequencies that it can reproduce most efficiently,resulting in tonal accuracy and cohesive sound across the entirefrequency spectrum.
- Bi-amplified design with 130 watts of distributed power for cohesive, accurate sound
- 8" low-frequency drivers with Kevlar cones for rich, defined lows
- 1-1/4" high-frequency drivers with natural silk domes and integrated waveguides for smooth, clear highs
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- Magnetic shielding eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
- XLR balanced and 1/4" balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, amplifiers, instruments, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control
- Includes two isolation pads
- Frequency response: 38 Hz - 22 kHz
- Crossover frequency: 2.2 kHz
- Low-frequency amplifier power: 70 watts
- High-frequency amplifier power: 60 watts
- Maximum signal-to-noise: > 100 dB (typical A-weighted)
- Polarity: positive signal at + input producesoutward LF cone displacement
- Input impedance: 20 k ohms balanced, 10 k ohms unbalanced
- Input sensitivity: 85 mV pink noise input produces 90dBA output SPLat one meter with volume control at maximum
- Power: factory programmed for either 115V ~50/60 Hzor 230V~50/60 Hz
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting,over temperature, turn-on/off transient,subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- Cabinet: vinyl-laminated MDF
- Size (single monitor): 12.0" x 10.0" x 15.0"
- Weight (single monitor): 26.4 lbs
- One pair (2) BX8 D2 studio monitors
- Power cables
- Isolation pads