Leader LV5838 Audio Monitor
The LV 5838 is an audio monitor for audio console and master monitoring. It measures audio signals that are embedded in 3G, HD, and SD-SDI signals and AES/EBU signals.
It can display loudness measurements, level meters, Lissajous curves, surround sound fields, and audio status independently or in combination.
All errors and events can be logged with local time information or time code information that is embedded in video signals.
Logs can be stored in external storage media.
- Equipped with 8 connectors (16 channels) of AES/EBU signal inputs
- The LV 5838 is equipped with 8 BNC connectors (16 channels).
- Support for LPCM, Dolby-E, Dolby-Digital, Dolby-Digital Plus
- LPCM audio is supported as standard. Dolby-E, Dolby-Digital, and Dolby-Digital Plus can be supported with a Dolby module (a Dolby option).
- Headphone output
- A 3.5 mm mini jack is available.
- Support for various types of scales
- The LV 5838 supports dBFS, Nordic, BBC, and DIN level meter scales. The level scale for loudness measurements supports both absolute values and relative values in reference to a target level.
- Wide variety of measurement features
- 1) Audio level meter and peak hold meter capable of showing measurements for up to 16 channels simultaneously
- 2) Lissajous display capable of displaying Lissajous curves and correlation meters of any two channels
- 3) Surround display capable of displaying Lissajous curves and surround sound fields of adjacent channels
- 4) Status display capable of showing measurements for 16 channels simultaneously
- 5) Loudness measurement in two measurement modes of the three available measurement modes: monaural, stereo, and 5.1 channel
- 6) Chart display capable of showing the change in the short-term loudness values and integrated loudness values over time
- 7) Logging of integrated loudness values with local time and time code information
- 8) Channel status analysis display
- 9) User bit display
- 10) Metadata analysis display for DOLBY-E, DOLBY-DIGITAL, and DOLBY-DIGITAL Plus (Dolby option)
- 11) Synchronous measurement of audio signals with black burst, tri-level sync, or CW signals received through the EXT REF connector
- 12) Amplitude measurement of signals received through AES/EBU connectors
- Loudness measurement on/off control from the external control connector
- Signals can be applied to the external control connector to start and stop loudness measurements and clear measurement results.
- Frame location when non-PCM data is detected
- Indicates an error when the frame location is outside the specified embedding range
- Error log with time codes
- Error logs with auxiliary packet time codes
- Loudness measurement channel switching based on inter-stationary control signals
- Supports loudness measurement channel switching based on the audio mode of inter-stationary control signals