Alesis ACOM2 2-Channel Compressor / Limiter / Gate
Two Full-Featured Compressors in One Compact, Ultra-Low-Noise Rack Unit
ACOM2 is a two-channel compressor/limiter/gate that gives you maximum clarity and smooth level control for any pro audio application. Thanks to its two independent, full-featured compressor/limiters, you can use ACOM2 as two individual mono processors or link the processors to provide true-stereo compression. All it takes is the push of a button to switch between mono and stereo.
ACOM2's intelligent attack and release switch can automatically adjust the unit's attack and release to the source signal, or you can use manual mode for tailored adjustment. At the heart of ACOM2's minimized signal path is a premium VCA, which provides optimal temperature stability. But you'll appreciate it even more for what it lacks: noise and distortion. ACOM2's Expander/Gate also gives you all the controls you need to suppress or block out unwanted noise. The sidechain function allows for external effects loops or other common compressor applications such as ducking. A second, internal sidechain employs a switchable low-cut filter to help control pumping due to heavy low-frequency content.
ACOM2 offers exactly what a great compressor should: smooth and consistent performance that doesn't degrade or color your signal.
- Two independent, full-featured compressor/limiters in one compact rack
- Use as two individual mono processors, or stereo-link to provide true stereo compression
- Auto-attack/-release switch automatically adjusts compression to source signal
- Full manual mode for tailored adjustment to any venue
- Minimized signal path with high-quality VCA: low noise, minimal distortion and optimal temperature stability
- Intelligent Knee for musical performance with soft and hard-knee envelopes
- Couple switch for a one-touch selection between two mono channels or stereo-linked operation
- Sidechain send and return for use in an external effects loop
- Switchable low-cut filter minimizes audio-program pumping triggered by kick drum
- Gain-reduction LEDs and switchable input/output-level LED meters for visual monitoring of critical values
- Bypass switches on both channels