Advanced Fiber Products DVI-ME-TR-1-D Single Fiber Detachable DVI Modules
AFP DVI-ME-TR-1-D Single Fiber Detachable DVI Modules
The Digital Visual Interface is a high-quality, uncompressed data link between a host processor video card and a display peripheral. Optical technology for this transmission stretches the performance beyond the limitations of copper wire with longer length, data security, negligible RFI/EMI and the elimination of costly analog distribution systems.
The EDID in a display can be read and stored by just plugging TX unit to the display. This self-EDID programming feature makes the installation of the TX unit easy and flexible for any variable resolution display systems. The transmitter and receiver are connected over single SC terminated fiber jumpers
The four(4) optical data, Red, Green, Blue and clock are multiplexed and de-multiplexed within optical modules. The transmitter optical signal is capable, by using an optional optical passive splitter, of supporting up to 16 receivers.
An external power adapter is required for the receiver module, while most video cards can provide +5V DC power to the transmitter module. The transmitter module provides automatic power management between the DC power supply and hte graphics card.Key Features
- Extends all DVI-D Single Link VESA resolutions up to WUXGA (1,920 x 1,200) 60Hz data
- Up to 1,000m (3280 feet) with simplex SC single-mode fibers.
- Up to 500m (1640 feet) with simplex SC multi-mode fibers.
- Resolutions Supported(Based on DVI input): HDTV: 480p, 576p, 720p, 1080p. VESA: VGA, SVGA, XGA, WXGA, SXGA, SXGA+, WXGA+, UXGA, WSXGA+, WUXGA.
- Offers self-EDID programming feature, detecting from a display and storing to an EEPROM in the transmitter just by plugging to the display without any physical DDC connection
- Compact modules plug directly to graphic source and display DVI connectors
- Provides Power, Signal Transmission and Signal Detct Indicators
- Includes two (2) +5V DC Power adapaters for the transmitter and receiver.
- Certifications: IEC60601-1-2, FCC/CE, Class 1 LASER Eye Safety