Adder AVP4 AdderView Prism 4 Port Reverse KVM - VGA PS/2
The ADDERView Prism is a compact 'reverse KVM switch' that enables you to connect multiple KVM (Keyboard, Video monitor and Mouse) consoles to a single computer or KVM Switch. Connecting the Prism to a computer expands the number of KVM console connections, allowing you to control your computer from up to four different locations. The Prism is also ideal for connecting to the front end of KVM switches to increase the number of consoles that can share access to the switch.
The ADDERView Prism is available with either two or four ports. Both models use standard connectors throughout so you can connect your equipment easily using common inexpensive cabling. For maximum convenience, the Prism may be powered using the supplied power supply or, for many applications, may draw its power from the attached computer via the keyboard interface. Coupled together with the small and compact size, the interface powering feature ensures a neat installation.
The ADDERView Prism supports a high 280MHz video bandwidth and incorporates a user-selectable video boost function which provides video amplification to compensate for losses introduced by long video cables. High video resolutions up to 1600 x 1200 are supported and super high resolutions exceeding 1900 x 1440 may be achieved when short cables are used. To ensure maximum future compatibility, the Prism's firmware is flash upgradeable via the keyboard port.
The Prism automatically manages access to the computer or KVM switch on a timeout basis by only allowing one KVM console to be 'active' at any one time. The video signal is distributed to all the consoles and the 'inactive' state is indicated to the user by the rhythmic flashing of the keyboard's num, caps and scroll lights. Once the Prism has detected there has been no keyboard or mouse activity from the 'active' console for the timeout period, access to the computer is made available to the other consoles.
- Fully automatic sharing / switching on a timeout basis
- A single video feed can be displayed on four monitors simultaneously
- Supports high resolution 1900 x 1440 video using 280MHz amplifiers
- Ideal for console sharing, video splitting and resource sharing applications
- Flash upgradeability ensures future compatibility
- A 19 inch rack mount bracket is available to mount sixteen 2 port or eight 4 port Prisms in 4 U of rack space.
- AVP4 KVM Console connections
- 4 x 15 way HD D Female for CPU video (DDC/Blue)
- 4 x 6 way mini DIN Female for CPU keyboard (Violet)
- 4 x 6 way mini DIN Female for CPU mouse (Green)
- AVP4 Computer connections
- 1 x 6 way mini DIN Female for shared keyboard (Violet)
- 1 x 6 way mini DIN Female for shared mouse (Green)
- 1 x 15 way HD D Female for shared monitor (DDC/Blue)
- Other connections
- 1 x 5V DC power inlet for optional 500mA external PSU
- 1 x Option switches
- LED Indicators
- The front of the Prism has red LED indicators to show which console is in use and a green LED to show that a PSU is connected.
- CPU video/monitor ports
- Supports VGA/SVGA/XGA/XGA-2/SXGA/UXGA video.
- VESA DDC1 and DDC2 signalling supported.
- Screen resolution of up to 1900 x 1440.
- Keyboard ports
- Supports PS/2 keyboards automatically. When PS/2 keyboards plug in, automatic mode emulation ensures that the keyboard is correctly programmed to the state expected by the CPU. Type 1, 2 and 3 keyboards are supported.
- Mouse ports
- A PS/2 type Logitech or Microsoft compatible mouse and many Internet wheel/scroll mice including Scrollpoint and Explorer are supported. Prompt and stream modes supported for maximum portable and desktop mouse compatibility.
- Maximum distance
- Prism to console distance is limited to 2m if power supply not used or 10m if it is.
- Prism to CPU distance is limited to 2m if power supply is not used or 20m if it is.
- User Flash upgradeable firmware by downloading from a PC.
- AVP4 Metal case 43 x 148 x 68 mm
- 5VDC, 2A PSU supplied
- Complies with European EMC directive 89/336/EEC. CE marked and FCC class A compliant.
- Rack mount options
- RMK-PRISM 19" rackmount 4U kit for ADDERView Prism. Can house up to 16 AVP2 and 8 AVP4 units
- 2 Years