ATOMOS ATOMX CAST 4 X HDMI Switching & Streaming Dock for NINJA V/V+
Broadcast features for everybody
AtomX CAST is for video creators and anybody who wants to make broadcast quality multi-camera programs simply and quickly from anywhere. It is also for anybody that wants to add professional broadcast quality features to their online meetings, presentations, remote learning/training, virtual conferences, demonstrations or engaging corporate videos. Since CAST is simple and easy to ease, you don’t need to be a video professional to achieve great looking results.
The flexible control options allow you to use either the touchscreen or the physical buttons to ‘switch’ between sources when deciding what should be on screen at any one time for broadcast. The illuminated buttons for each input and coloured LED lighting for Program and Preview status allow you to operate the CAST in dimly lit environments.
Connect any full HD video source
Connect mirrorless or DSLR cameras, video cameras, computers, consoles or even pre-recorded content via HDMI. There's no need to worry about synchronization, as you can mix and match frame rates up to 60p, as well as interlaced and progressive HD sources automatically.
With the Ninja V/V+ docked in, the AtomX CAST connects via USB-C to your computer and appears as a high-quality webcam. Plug and play allows it to work immediately with all your video applications like Zoom, Teams and Skype without the need to install drivers on the computer first. Add up to 4 camera inputs to bring your presentation or meeting to the next level.
Having an integrated monitor allows you to see the incoming signals as well as your program out, without having to connect an additional monitor. With the Ninja V/V+ docked into the AtomX CAST you can utilize its high quality 5” touchscreen for setup and the monitor-assist tools for exposure, focus and image analysis for optimising your shots. Then switch to multiview to see all four inputs at once, complete with audio level monitoring.
Enhance your brand, your video and your reach
Sophisticated features like logos, mast head graphics and lower third titles will make your productions look incredible, and the dedicated controls for these functions make them easy to use. Add custom graphics for branding your content, with support for transparency, sponsors’ logos and other on-screen information to your production and configure the layout on the Ninja touchscreen.
Picture in Picture
One of the benefits of using CAST with a multi-camera setup, is that you can use the Picture in Picture function to display two inputs at the same time. Any of the four HDMI inputs can be used for a Picture in Picture effect and there are controls for size and location of the overlayed image. You can display a close-up of a product on your desk and display your face as a picture in picture at the same time, whilst you talk about the product.
Configurable and adaptable
Since AtomX CAST is so compact and versatile, users can easily work alone or with a team to enhance their productions. Solo operators can transport the Ninja CAST in a small backpack and then use it discretely with compact mirrorless cameras for productions of any size. For larger setups, the Ninja V/V+ HDMI output can be used as a secondary output that can be set up as a duplicate program out, preview monitoring for the crew or talent, or to connect to a larger multiview display.
Advanced workflow ready
AtomX CAST, connected to a Ninja V/ V+, is a fully functional stand-alone switcher, but you can also use it with a computer for more advanced video work. In this mode, AtomX CAST and Ninja V/V+ does the heavy lifting, taking the load off your computer and reducing the likelihood of software crashes with dedicated external video processing. Simply add AtomX CAST as a media source in OBS, X-Split and VMix to make use of the software application’s additional graphics and scene configuration while using the CAST for video input switching.
Broadcast quality switching and recording
With professional 10bit/4:2:2 inputs, you get broadcast quality switching, as well as the ability to record in broadcast quality codecs like Apple ProRes or Avid DNx.
Versatility built in
AtomX CAST can deliver to a worldwide audience by sending a stream to your favourite streaming host, output a broadcast quality video signal to a local display, digital signage or video wall, and record with high quality edit-ready video codecs.
Stand out from the crowd
Using Ninja CAST with a decent camera and almost any suitable lens gives you a professional broadcasting solution with incredible picture quality. You can set a shallow depth of field and create a cinematic look that is dramatically different from the image you get from your average webcam. Pay attention to lighting, camera angles and sound, and you will soon be making professional quality video productions. Even an older HD camcorder can output great looking video through its HDMI port, which means that you probably already have cameras for a multi-camera production.
- Xpand and transform Ninja V/V+ in to a 4 x HDMI input switcher
- Overlay custom graphics, logos, lower thirds and content branding
- Picture in Picture effect for any combination of inputs
- WebCAST - Plug and Play UVC connection to your favourite software such as Zoom, MS Teams, Skype, OBS and more
- BroadCAST - quality switching and recording in ProRes, DNx and option for h.265
- MultiCAST - Simultaneously Record, Stream and output to local displays
- Touch Screen and Physical buttons with LED status indicators
- Separate HDMI outputs - Dedicated Program out and Multifunction on Ninja V/V+ for Multiview, Preview or Program
- Audio Input and switching options with support for embedded, analogue inputs and Audio follow Video
- Easy Quick deployment of reliable stand alone - Simply Connect, Switch and Stream
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm): 129 x 49 x 160 (with out Ninja V/V+)
- Weight: 485g / 1.06lbs
- Mount points: Anti rotational 1/4" 20 / 3/8 on base of unit
Construction & Control
- Body: ABS plastic with locking arm for Ninja V/V+
- Cooling: Passive
- Tally light: Record tally Via Ninja V/V+, Program and Preview illumantaion on CAST buttons
- Control Buttons: 4 x Switching, 4 x Function
- AtomXpansion slot: To connect to Ninja V/V+ (no moduell pass through)
- Input voltage: 6.2V to 16.8V
- DC in connector: Lock DC connector from Ninja V/V+ DC power supply
- Battery: Via optional Atomos DC to DTAP cable
Display - Via Ninja V/V+
- Touchscreen: Via Ninja V/V+ SuperAtom IPS panel (capacitive touch)
- Size: 5.2"
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080
- Brightness (cdm2 / Nits): 1000
- Aspect ratio: 16:09
- Color Gamut: Rec.709
- HDMI: 4 x HDMI 1.4b up to 1080p60
- Bit Depth: 10bit
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 4 2 2
- HDCP copy protection: No
- HDMI: CAST - HDMI 1.4b up to 1080p60 - Program ONLY
- HDMI Loup out: Ninja V/V+ - Multi functions out - Program, Preview, Multiview
- Multiview: Yes, via Ninja V/V+
- OS overlays: Optional via Ninja V/V+ HDMI out
- Video Chroma Subsampling: 4 2 2
- Bit Depth: 10bit
- USB UVC: USB-C up to 1080p30
- Audio Quality: 24/48kHz
- Audio Codec: PCM
- HDMI: 2ch 24Bit, input dependent per input
- Analogue Audio in: 3.5mm via Ninja V/V+
- Analogue Audio Out:3.5mm via Ninja V/V+
- Headphone out: 3.5mm via Ninja V/V+
Timecode / Sync
- Embedded: HDMI
Resolution & Frame Rates
- Supported base resolution & FPS
FHD 1920 x 1080 Progressive: 23.98/24/25/29.9/30/50/59.94/60
FHD 1920 x 1080 PsF: No
FHD 1920 x 1080 Interlaced: 50/59.94/60
1280 x 720p: No
SD PAL / NTSC: No
Program Recording CODEC via Ninja V/V+
- Apple ProRes: LT, 422, 422HQ
- Avid DNxHD: DNxHD 220x,220,145,36 (Free activation key via visit my.Atomos.com)
Playback via Ninja V/V+
- Apple ProRes: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- Avid DNx: Yes, with Linear PCM audio
- Switched Program Record: Yes via Ninja V/V+
Multi Input / Switching
- Multiple HDMI input: up to 4 x HDMI up to 1080p60
- Multiview Display: Quad input display on Ninja V/V+ Display
- Multiview Ouput: Via Ninja V/V+ HDMI out - Set to Program, Preview or Multiview
- Picture in Picture (PIP): Any input over Any input, 4 postions in small or large size PIP
- Graphic overlays: Selelect lay out for Stored Graphics in Ninja V/V+ and save configured scene presets
- Media pool storage: Upload and Store Graphics in Ninja V/V+
- Input transitions: Fade from/to Black / White
- Input Processing: Interlaced to Progressive
- Input Frame rate processing: Yes
- Master Caddy II: Yes
- SSDmini: Yes, requires the included AtomX SSD mini handle adaptor
- File System: ExFat
Onboard Signal Processing
- Pulldown removal: Interlaced to Progressive on Input and USB stream
- List product: Requires Ninja V / V+
We Also Recommend
ADDERView CCS-MV4228 4K KVMA Real-Time Desktop Multi-Viewer/Switch - Black
Ambient Recording ACN-CL LOCKIT Timecode Synchronizer for Camera & Audio Recorders/Timecode/Genlock/ACN Compatible
Anchor Audio PortaCom 2000 BP-2000 2 Channel Belt Pack